The front half of our robot appeared practically overnight thanks to its welded construction. The “overnight” part, of course, is literal - our welder doesn’t sleep.

Our dead axle somehow fit perfectly through the bores we made in the frame. We couldn’t resist the opportunity to give it a test spin.

We didn’t actually know what to expect from the full robot in terms of handling - so we found out the only way we could. Despite having no front wheels, it still handled beautifully!

The robot really started to gain some character after we broke out the spray paint.

After that and a few final fixes, our robot was ready to fight! The next time we’ll see it will be in California. Godspeed, you hunk of metal.